Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hawkins thrills Coast fans

Jennifer Hawkins signed autographs for plenty of excited young fans at Pacific Fair at Myer yesterday.

ABOUT 400 screaming fans took time out from their jobs yesterday to see the beautiful former Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins (pictured).

Hawkins signed autographs for plenty of excited young girls at Pacific Fair on a tour for Myer.

Hawkins said it was great to be a role model for young girls, but when speaking about 12-year-old Face of Gold Coast Fashion Week Maddison Gabriel, she didn't think at that age they should be doing what she is just yet.

"I'm not fully for it," she said.

"I don't think at 12 ... I was like playing cricket in the backyard.

"I just don't understand.

"I know the industry a little bit now and I don't think it's right for a 12-year-old, but it's for the parents (to decide)."

Besides the Myer tour, Hawkins also is taking time to broaden her skills and try her hand at acting.

"I have been doing some acting courses and I do enjoy it, but it's not a thing I'm striving for," she said. "I want to be prepared if anything pops up."

She was offered a role in the movie The Pink Panther, which was snapped up by superstar Beyonce because Hawkins couldn't fit it in with her other commitments.

For now, she's just happy to relax this weekend between her Myer tour and filming for The Great Outdoors.

"I'm going to go out to dinner on Saturday night with a group of people and (boyfriend) Jake as well and a few 'drinkie poos' definitely and a dance. I love to have a dance at a club, it's just a release for me," she said.

Source: Gold Coast

No comments: