Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tanisha Vernon is Miss Belize Universe and Larriean Samuels is Miss Belize Earth

The Miss Belize pageant was held this past Saturday in Belize City and Tanisha Vernon won the title. She will now represent Belize at the Miss Universe pageant in 2008. Yesterday she paid us at visit and told us she is all excited about her new title.

Tanisha Vernon,Miss Belize Universe:

“Right now I’m overwhelmed with enthusiasm. I’m feeling wonderful. It’s definitely an honor to be given this position. And it’s not only a position but it’s a job that you have to maintain and I hope at the end, I can represent my country to the fullest. I think my maintenance of confidence and my hard work and I always kept it in my mind that I’m in it to win it. I maintained my objective and that’s basically what helped me to pull through.”

Vernon told us also that during her reign she plans to work very much with community groups.

Tanisha Vernon,Miss Belize Universe:

“My plan of action is to be more active in my community, work more in Alliance with AIDS. It’s an organization that deals with HIV/AIDS. I noticed that it’s a universal problem worldwide and Belize is one of the Central American country that has one of the highest percentage of HIV/AIDS. And to be apart of that,it’s definitely a task. I mean I have friends and relatives that died from this disease and so I’m faced with it first hand; not only behind the scenes but I see the up close and personal effect that it has on people’s lives. Also with orphanage, being more active in schools, probably reading to the children,help with future pageants at the tertiary and secondary level, and give motivational speeches to those young ladies that probably want to be or vie for the title next year in 2008.”

Love News also spoke with new Miss Belize Earth, Larriean Samuels. Samuels said she is honored to be an ambassador for Belize and that during her reign will try to fulfill all her responsibilities.

Larriean Samuels,Miss Belize Earth:

“It was a very exciting and a little bit nerve-racking experience, and I am very honored to be an ambassador of this country. It’s more of a prestige job I would say,that not any women has the opportunity to do here in Belize. I was very determined and very hungry. I took instructions very well, advice I listened and I executed and I would definitely say that that helped me to win the pageant and being very focused.At this moment I am open. During the course of my reign I’m sure there will be many opportunities that are open. I will experience and I will be aware of things that I didn’t know before and from then I would choose but right now at this moment I am interested in business but in dealing with the environment and everything you never know where your passion may change to a whole 360.”

In the case that either Vernon or Samuels cannot fulfill their duties the first runner up Jesse Medina will take up the post. Medina plans to assist in community service and promote the tourism sector in Belize.

Source: Love FM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanisha vernon is a very loyal and intelligent young women. Who stands firm in whatever she partakes and believe in. I think she is a perfect representation of a Miss Universe because she is beautiful inside and out. Message to Mr. Donald Trump please get to know her personally you wont be dissappointed. Also she might come from a third world country but she is as competent as any of the girls from the first world countries.

Anonymous said...

Tanisha vernon is a very loyal and intelligent young woman. Who stands firm in whatever she partakes and believe in. I think she is a perfect representation of a Miss Universe because she is beautiful inside and out. Message to Mr. Donald Trump please get to know her personally you wont be dissappointed. Also she might come from a third world country but she is as competent as any of the girls from the first world countries.

Anonymous said...

I must say that i am very proud of Tanisha. I am not in Belize at the moment but i remember our days in E.P.Yorke, she always had the kind of attitude that would get her very far. At the time she said her goal was to become a reporter. I say congrats to her and hope to see her soon.

Anonymous said...

I think the whole Miss Belize Pageant is a scam and Ms.Tanisha Vernon knows that but because she hasher own motives to "be in it to win it" she won't say anything and when it all falls apart you'll hear her cries for sympathy.